National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF), Noida invites applications from young Indian nationals for vacancy post of Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) for filling up 20 vacancies for the centre’s two programmes, namely “Numerical Modelling of Weather and Climate” and “Monsoon Mission-Phase-II”. The last date for receipt of applications is 1st July 2018.
About: NCMRWF is a centre of excellence in Weather and Climate Modelling under the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), A Government of India.
Name of Post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No of Vacancies : 20 (Numerical Modelling of atmosphere – 04, Data assimilation – 04, Ensemble Prediction – 02, Coupled Modelling – 05, Ocean Initialisation – 05)
Age Limit : 28 Years as on 1st July 2018.
Emoluments : 25,000/- p.m. plus admissible + HRA (as per GOI rules)
(1) Post Graduate degree in Physical Sciences (Physics/Applied Physics/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Meteorology/ Oceanography/ Geophysics with Meteorology as one of the subjects/ Climate Science or equivalent subjects) or Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent subjects) (OR) Post Graduate / Graduate degree in Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical/ Computer Science).
(2) Candidates should have qualified NET or either equivalent examinations (GATE / JAM / JEST).
(3) Candidates should have studied Physics and Mathematics at Graduation level
(4) For General and OBC Category: Minimum 60% aggregate mark in the qualifying
(5) For SC/ST/Physically Challenged (PC) Category: Minimum 55% aggregate marks in qualifying examination is essential.
Selection Process: Interview. The Tentative date of interview for JRF is in August/ September 2018. Applicants are required to produce original certificates/ documents for verification at the time of interview.
How to Apply: Applications should be neatly typed on thick plain paper (A-4 size 210 x 297 mm) in the prescribed format. Completed applications should be sent to The Head, NCMRWF, A-50, Sector-62, NOIDA-201309. Candidates are also required to e-mail the soft copy of the duly filled-up application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date for submission of applications is 01/07/2018.